College Research Committee (CRC) Members
College of Engineering CRC includes five members from each department in the college. The name of the members are as follows:
- Dr. Najam Ul Hasan (Chair, Electrical)
- Dr. Mohd Shariq Khan (Chemical)
- Dr. Muhammed Wajid Saleem (Mechanical)
- Dr. Heba Hussein (Architecture)
- Dr. Mahad Shamas (Civil)
Roles and Responsibilities
The College Research Committee (CRC) helps to promote research at college level and its roles and responsibilities include:
- Promote research and research education within the University.
- Advise, formulate recommendations and provide information to the University Research Committee (URC) on research, research-education, policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Advise and make recommendations to URC on University’s research operational and strategic plan.
- Encourage faculty to submit a new research grant to The Research Council (TRC) either individually or as a research group. It is desirable that these researches are within the “Oman Research Strategies”.
- Be responsible for the planning and policy development relating to the improvement of the research activities.
- Support and Encourage students to participate in Research projects with staff.
- Support and Encourage faculty members or faculty Research groups to apply for internal research grants.
- Reviewing the applications submitted by the faculty members for internal Research grants and incentive claims.