Diploma in Interior Architecture Engineering
The Interior Architecture Program is designed to meet the Foundation for Interior Design Education Research (FIDER) standards. Interior Architecture Engineering combines art and science to create a distinct, functional, and eco-friendly living and working space by focusing on people lifestyle, culture, comfort, health and safety.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with solid, up-to-date information, professional experience and practice in the discipline.
- Develop creative designers/interior architects who are able to formulate, propose, and carry out design solutions relevant to the needs of people and the environment.
- Encourage research and creative thinking to identify and solve problems in response to user needs.
- Prepare students to play an active role in the community.
- Qualify graduates to work with competence and esthetical professionalism in the field.
- Equip students with the academic tools necessary to pursue a graduate degree in international academic institutions.
A student graduating from the Interior Architecture Engineering program will be able to:
- Identify design issues, to conduct research, and to provide solutions.
- Deal with a large scope of design projects, and to understand the different materials and technologies.
- Demonstrate creative and technical abilities for problem solving, and the capacity for critical thinking.
- Apply skills and knowledge in a studio area of concentration with an original creative concept brought into visual form with effective presentation.
- Define and integrate an understanding of the roles graphic designers/ interior architects have in today’s world.
- Practice interior architecture in various contexts and cultures.
- Operate in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Serve the community in organizations in or within both the public and private sectors.
Admission requirements for a Diploma in Architecture Engineering Program are as specified in College Section 6-a, page number 214 of the catalogue.
To graduate with a Diploma in Interior Architecture Engineering, students must satisfactorily complete 74 credits with an overall minimum average of 65 percent. The University, College, and Program requirements are as given in the following table:
The University requirements for the Diploma in Interior Architecture Engineering program consist of seven courses comprising of 21 credit hours as shown below.
- ENGL 101: Basic Academic English
- ENGL 102E: English for Engineering and Sciences I
- ENGL 203E: English for Engineering and Sciences II
- ENTR 200: Entrepreneurship: Innovation and Creativity
- CMPS 100B: Introduction to Technical Computing for The Sciences
- MATH 199: Calculus I
- SOCS 102: Omani Society
There are no College requirements for this program.
The program core requirements consist of 18 courses encompassing 53 credit hours.
There are no elective requirements for this program.
Click on the following link to download Study Plan….
Click here to download Study Plan for the Diploma in Interior Architecture Engineering